DOING BUSINESS IN NEVADA
Alcoholic Beverages, Selling - See Liquor License
Bail Enforcement (Bounty Hunters)
* find out how to become a licensed Bail Enforcement Agent in Nevada?
* find out who regulates Bail Enforcement Agents in Nevada? The Nevada Division of Insurance
* find forms for Bail Enforcement Agents and Agencies? Then scroll down to forms 335-337
* find laws related to bail?
* are issued on a city or county level. The following quick links have been provided for you:
o Carson City Building Department
o Churchill County Building Department
o Clark County Development Services
o Elko Building Department
o Esmeralda County
o Henderson, Community Development
o Humboldt County Building Permits
o Lander County
o Las Vegas, Building & Safety
o Lincoln County
o Lyon County Building Department
o Mineral County
o Nye County Building Department
o Pershing County Planning & Building Department
o Washoe County Department of Building & Safety
o White Pine County
o Yerington Building Department
o for links to other city and county websites, click here.
* obtain a State of Nevada business licenseOn-Line
* Carson City
* Churchill County
* City of Boulder City
* City of Henderson
* City of Las Vegas
* City of North Las Vegas
* City of Reno
* City of Sparks
* Clark County
* State Contractor's Board General Information
* Washoe County
* find out how to verify a business in Nevada with the Department of Business & Industry?
* find out how to verify a business with the Nevada Department of Taxation?
* find out if a company was incorporated in Nevada?
* find out the status of an incorporated company?
* find out if the Northern Nevada Better Business Bureau has received complaints against a company?
* find out if the Southern Nevada Better Business Bureau has received any complaints against a company?
* find out if the Bureau of Consumer Protection has received any complaints against a company?
* find out if the Federal Trade Commission has received any complaints against a company?
* find out how to license a charity to hold raffles in the State of Nevada cities
* find a list of cities in Nevada? (pdf)
* find a list of cities in Nevada by County?
* Dept. of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation
o Business Resource Directory
o Forms for employers
o New Employer RegistrationOn-Line
o New Hire ReportingOn-Line
o Post Job Orders/Search ResumesOn-Line
o Unemployment Insurance Taxes
find a Nevada business
* obtain a State of Nevada business license On-Line
* start a business in Nevada
* Starting a Business?
* do business with the State of Nevada
* find out about the economy or the population of a specific town inheritance
Income Tax (pdf)
Inheritance, Estate & Gift Taxes
* find out who must file for estate taxes in Nevada? - scroll down to the Estate section
* find out what is the amount of estate tax due in Nevada? - scroll down to the Estate section
* find out when, what and how do I need to file a Nevada Estate tax return? - scroll down to the Estate section
* find out how to amend my estate tax return? - scroll down to the Estate section
* find forms for Nevada filing of estate taxes? - scroll down to the Estate section
* What State of Nevada agency issues liquor licenses?
* Nevada Revised Statute 369 - Intoxicating Liquor: Licenses and Taxes
* How long does it take to obtain a certificate of compliance? (pdf) - refer to page three
* How long does it take to obtain an import-wholesale liquor license? refer to page 3
* Can a liquor retailer also be a Nevada importer/wholesaler? refer to page 3
* Is a beverage subject to liquor tax if it contains less than Â½ of 1 percent of alcohol?
(Example: near beer) refer to page 3
* I do not have a Nevada resident agent for form LT 08. What can I do?
* Does Nevada become involved in franchise disputes or lawsuits? refer to page 4
* I would like to open a bar in Nevada. What are the license fees and alcoholic beverage control laws in Nevada? refer to page 4
o city list
* Who pays the liquor excise tax in Nevada?
* find out who license employees of liquor licenees?
Nevada Corporation Look Up
Off Highway Vehicles - Dealers
* Are Off Highway Vehicles Regulated? Yes. The Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Sticker Program became effective in January 2006 and is administered by the Nevada Department of Taxation.
* Notice to OHV Dealers (pdf)
* How can we become authorized to issue Off Highway Vehicle Program stickers? Complete the Application to Issue Certificates of Operation
* How can we obtain an OHV Sticker log?
Resale Certificate SOS
Secretary of State
* Secretary of State (New and Existing Corporations, Limited Liability Corporations, Non-Profit Organizations and other Business Entities)
o Athletes' Agents
o Apostilles or Marriage Certification
o Certificates of Good StandingOn-Line
o Clerks & Recorders contact information
o Commercial/Corporate Recordings (including those for Non-Profit Organizations)
o Election Information
o find Registered Agents
o Incorporations (including those for Non-Profit Organizations)
o Notary Public Appointments
o Registration of Securities
o Revoked Entity Reinstatement - contact Secretary of State Commercial Recordings Division to find out how
o Search CorporationsOn-Line
o Securities Division
o Terminate Corporation
o Universal Commercial Code (UCC) Online Filing On-Line
o Unclaimed PropertyOn-Line
o Voter Registration SearchOn-Line
o Why Incorporate in Nevada??
Starting a Business
* Agriculture, Department - Commercial Devices
* Business & Industry, Department of
o Starting a Business?
* Cities/Counties may also require business licenses.
* Nevada Consumer Affairs
* Employment, Training & Rehabilitation - Employer Services (for employment services, unemployment taxes, etc.)
* Environmental Protection
* Gaming Control Board
* Employment, Training & Rehabilitation, Department of
o Employer Services
* Industrial Relations, Division of
* Management Assistance Partnership (MAP) (Business & Technical Assistance)
* Nevada Commission on Economic Development
* Nevada Small Business Development Center (General Start Up)
* Nevada State Fire Marshal Division
o Storing and Utilization of Hazardous Materials
(Businesses and/or Individuals whom meet the criteria of needing an SFM License or Certificate of registration)
o Fire Protection Licensing
o Interior Design
o Pyrotechnic/Fire Performers/Magicians
* Office of Industrial Development Bond Program
* Secretary of State (New and Existing Corporations, Limited Liability Corporations, Non-Profit Organizations and other Business Entities), Athletes' Agents, Certificates of Good Standing, Clerks & Recorders contact information/listing, Commercial/Corporate Recordings, Incorporations (including those for Non-Profit Organizations), Notary Public Appointments, Registration of Securities, Revoked Entity Reinstatements, Search Corporations, Securities Division, Trademarks, Corporation Terminations, Universal Commercial Code (UCC) Filings, etc.
* Taxation - Business License, Sales, Excise Tax / Rates, Forms & Publications
o obtain a State of Nevada business license On-Line
o Modified Business TaxOn-Line
* Transportation, Dept of
* UNR Center for Economic Development (Research & Technical Assistance)
* U.S. Small Business Administration - programs and services to help you start, grow and succeed State Procurement
* NDOT: Contractor/Vendor Information tax
* apply for a Resale License CertificateOn-Line
* find information on Nevada Income Tax? (pdf)
* find information sales taxes? scroll down to the Sales Tax section
* find a sales tax map by county? (pdf)
* How can I verify if a company has a Resale Certificate?
* Modified Business TaxOn-Line
* obtain a State of Nevada business license On-Line
* What is a "Resale Certificate" and how is it used? scroll down to Sales Tax section to find this topic
* Where can I find the form used when a holder of a sales tax permit purchases something they will later resell? UClaimed
* find unclaimed property in Nevada?